Project № BG16M1OP001-5.001-0004
Quantitative Risk Assessment and improvement efficiency of the Bulgarian transport ports of national importance
Financed by the European Regional Development Fund under Operational Programme on Transport and Transport 2014–2020 Priority Axes 5: Technical Assistance
Total Project budget: 980 000 BGN
Funding by ERDF: 705 500 BGN
National co-funding: 124 500 BGN
Grant: 830 000 BGN
Own funding: 150 000 BGN
Project implementation deadline: 31.08.2017
The Grant Contract between the Managing Authority n OP Transport and Transport Infrastructure 2014–2020 and Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company as a specific beneficiary was concluded on 10.03.2016 and the project was completed within the deadline.
The project Quantitative Risk Assessment and improvement efficiency of the Bulgarian public transport ports of national importance was aimed at identifying, analysing and assessing the factors that negatively affect the efficiency of the Bulgarian public transport ports of national importance.
The implementation of the project compensates for the lack of an approved risk assessment methodology by which periodic risk assessment is carried out in the Bulgarian ports and undertake preventive measures and actions leading to the sustainable development of ports, to their increased efficiency and competitiveness.
Project main objectives:
Improving the efficiency and competitiveness of the Bulgarian ports for public transport of national importance through development and validation of methods for quantitative risk assessment, through a periodic reassessment of risk based on that planning of investment and other measures for continuous improvement of the ports and minimizing the risks.
Reducing service time of vessels in the ports of the Republic of Bulgaria, approaching the European standards and from there, enhance the efficiency and competitiveness of the Bulgarian ports of national importance.
Project specific objectives:
Adaptation of European best practices and establishing a standard methodology for risk assessment, applicable at national level;
Validation of the developed standard methodology and prioritization of areas for improvement, according to the quantitative risk assessment;
Preparation of an approach based on data and formal risk assessment in the implementation of national investment program for the development of the public transport ports.
The Project objectives are achieved and accomplished through the main activities on the project, Contract Nr CG-2/01.12.2015 and practical implementation of quantitative risk assessment in the Branches Territorial Directorates of BPI Co.
Activity 1: Preparation of methodology for quantitative risk assessment to provide a multidisciplinary risk assessment in the development of the public transport ports, transparency in defining the national policies for the development of the ports and communicating them to various stakeholders.
Activity 2: Carrying out risk assessment.
Activity 3: Preparation of proposal with prioritization of the measures and planning of improvements. Preparation of a model for systematic administration of the quantitative risk assessment for the public transport ports of national importance.
Activity 4: Proposal for legislative changes and updating the program under the LMSIWPRB, art.115u.
On the basis of the results of the three activities a review of the problematic texts in the legislation, which have to be removed is made. Proposals for the addition or amendment of the legislation in implementing the model for systematically identifying measures to reduce the risk and improve the efficiency of the ports, as well as for updating of the program under art 115u of LMSIWPRB are prepared.
Activity 5: Management of the Project
- Methodology for carrying out quantitative risk assessment for Bulgarian public ports of national importance is prepared;
- Guidance on the implementation of the Methodology for quantitative risk assessment carrying out for Bulgarian public transport ports of national importance is prepared;
- Software for quantitative risk assessment for the Bulgarian public transport ports of national importance is developed, obtained as additional benefit for BPI Co. according to the proposal of PORT RISK MANAGEMNT DZZD ;
- Two quantitative risk assessments are carried out under the adopted Methodology for two public transport ports of national importance (river and sea) – Ruse and Burgas. Methodology validated;
- Proposal with priority measures and planned improvements based on risk assessment and including cost-benefit analysis is made;
- Model for systematic application of quantitative assessment and risk management in public transport ports of national importance is established in order to improve their efficiency;
- Proposals for legislative changes and proposed structure and content of the program under Art, 115U of the LMSIWPRB in relation to the identified risk mitigation and improvement of the efficiency of the ports are prepared;
- Quantitative risk assessments are carried out at all public ports of national importance for the practical implementation of the quantitative risk assessment system;
- Risk assessments carried out are upgraded with information from the risk-registers of the projects implemented and under implementation in BPI Co, funded under OPT 2007 - 2013, OPTTI 2014 - 2020 and other European mechanisms, as well as the risk assessment carried out in 2017 in the structures of Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company.
DZZD PORT RISK MANAGEMNT Contract Nr CG-2/01.12.2015 with subject Quantitative Risk Assessment and improvement efficiency of the Bulgarian public transport ports of national importance.
Project Manager: Ventsislav Krastev, expert Strategic Planning, Port Services and Ecology Directorate, Tel: +359 2 807 99 49, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org